How to dress for Kentucky weather

The key way to keep up with krazy Kentucky weather

Weather in Kentucky can sometimes be an incredible obstacle to overcome when it comes to dressing for your entire day and night. It's easy to complain about it, but its wildness is also what allows us to have a 70 degree day in February. 

Kentucky weather got me like:




As a true Kentucky gal, I'm always prepared for any flucuation with the weather. When I got up this morning, it was raining, spitting snow, and felt about 20-30 degrees. I knew I was going to need to wear something to keep me warm, while also maintaining an outfit that will allow me to keep cool in case the sun decided to pop out. 

Today, I had a ton of exciting errands to run. First, I met a friend for breakfast who I hadn't seen in almost two months (so happy)! Then, I had to drop her off at an appointment. After that, I ran out to take lunch to my dad and visit with some friends, then meet my little from Big Brothers, Big Sisters, hung out with her, and headed to church to teach my sweet kiddos in AWANA. I mean, the best outfit is needed for all that! I needed to be and look relaxed with friends, professional and sweet with my little, and apporopriate for church. 

This outfit did it all! You need a staple outfit in your wardrobe, and this one could totally be it. 

You're going to be shocked...

This entire outfit came from- guess where- WALMART! I know, I totally don't seem like the type to shop at Walmart for clothes, but one day around Christmastime, I went in to grab some custard and some rolls for dinner, saw these cute sweaters, and just had to buy one in every color! 

I wore my gray one today with black leggings, my faux Gucci loafers, and statement jewelry. I'll link all the sites below!

One of the pieces I'm wearing here that have been a huge staple in my wardrobe throughout the chilly seasons has been my faux Gucci loafers. I love the look of them and they're super cute, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $1,000+ for a pair of shoes. So I headed to my local Target, grabbed these cuties for under $30, and have rocked them ever since.




Shop a dupe to my sweater!
Shop my Gucci dupes!
Shop my suede leggings!

 The jewelry I wore with this outfit complemented it perfectly. I'm totally into mixing metals like silver and gold and love being able to make them statement pieces in any outfit! This rose gold watch is one of my favorite ones to wear because it's diamond-encrusted, stands out, and is compatible with any look. For my silver pieces, I like to wear Alex and Ani bracelets, two of which I wear continuously. I also love this twisted silver bangle that is absolutely adorable with everything. Lastly, the silver cuff. It's studded on the ends and I love the way it sparkles and shines when it catches the light.



Shop my watch!
Shop the Alex and Ani collection to pick out your own!
Shop my silver cuff!


This is the entire look! I hope you enjoy this outfit and go pick out a similar look of your own!




Thanks so much for reading! I'd love to hear some comments from you. Let me know what content you'd like to see next!

XOXO, MCK


Comments

Popular Posts